Taking screenshots is a common activity, a normal user would do in all kind of electronic platforms. I do not remember having restrictions in taking screenshots on Windows PC. It used to be similar in Android platform until Google introduce restrictions from taking a screenshot.
Is there a way to bypass it? Yes!, there are…
- Root your device, install Xposed framework - and lose warranty 😜
- Cast your device to another device, such as windows PC, then take a screenshot on the PC - how complex it is?
- Its my way, which is the easiest one…
Pressing and holding Volume Down and Power Key simultaneously would take screenshot in Android. This won’t work on the restricted apps and you would get an error notification that,
Taking screenshots isn’t allowed by the app or your organization.
I’m not going to suggest any magic to take a screenshots in such cases. Just use the Google Assistant to take a screenshot. Voila! It would byepass the security and grab the screen context to you.
Make sure you have the following on your Android device.
- Your device’s Android version should be Marshmallow (6.0) or above
- Google application should be there
- Option to trigger Google Assistant (either press and hold home button & ‘OK Google’ by voice)
- Enable the option to read screen context (available in Google App > More > Settings > Settings > Phone > Use screen context)
- Just open the app that has restrictions in taking screenshot.
- Say ‘OK Google’ or press & hold the Home button, which will trigger the Google Assistant.
- Say Take Screenshot, which will take the screenshot of the app that has restrictions. You can share it via other applications or save in the storage.
That’s all!! This would NOT require rooting, installing any unknown applications on your phone. It would work untill Google fixes this bug!
I have made a video, to explain the same using Telegram Secret Chat feature. You may apply the same in snapchat, UTS app, etc.,